an artists' view

an artists' view

Friday 4 April 2014

above & below

And this is the updated photo. Not quite the whole sample; but most of it.
This is one of the samples I'm making. Fabric collages. This one is called 'My Family' and the fabric comes from my dad, and my brother. It has frayed edges. Lots of frayed edges. That we regularly find in families.
 As above......
.........So below.
The sky in March was spectacular. Not today though; we've had 3 days of pollution warnings, and grey, grey skies. Like being stuck in a gloomy November. It feels like a time machine; we're in April, and heading towards spring, yet the world feels as though it's winter....brrrrrr.
Those daffodils were caught on a day of brilliant sunshine. The daffs are almost gone now; but other plants are coming through. I've planted seeds; peas, beans, lettuce, courgettes, tomatoes, peppers. Some are in pots, and on windowsills, some directly into my raised bed, and protected by glass. I'm looking to the future; yet aware of the past.
My mum would receive daffodils from the Mothering Sunday church service. It was Mother's Day last Sunday. I took flowers to the grave where her ashes are. I put some daffodils in. She still had them, for Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...