an artists' view

an artists' view

Saturday 1 March 2014

bird box

Close-up of the seed stitches on the 4-band sampler of the previous post. I'm working on the tweed heart piece. It may take some time, as I work out what words to use, and where to place them.
Meantime I look out the window, at the birdbox, and hope the blue tits that are inspecting it, will take up residence. A friend told me a wonderful story that wrens had used one of their nest boxes to sleep in at night, and she'd seen them all emerging from it one morning; a seemingly endless stream of wrens flying out of it! What a sight that must have been. I've often wondered why birds don't roost in nestboxes overnight in the winter. It must surely be safer, and the combined body-heat would help them survive the cold?
A close inspection of this photo, will show the blue tit checking out the property! It's in the middle of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...