an artists' view

an artists' view

Sunday 30 June 2013

doings........

This weekend is the Glastonbury festival. So I've been listening to it on Radio6, and having a peek at the BBC iplayer. I've come to the conclusion that the laptop speakers aren't adequate for the noise I want to listen to....they're not LOUD enough! Necessitates a trip to the pooter shop for a pair I think. Sadly the ones I've been using on my old computer don't have the right connection. Such is the pace of technological change!
Above is a photo of a splendid Hawthorn tree that grows in the grounds of the Quaker building in Wakefield. Absolutely awash with blossom earlier in the year...though later than usual. The late spring brought an abundance of blossom everywhere. My apple tree was beautiful; and I now have lots of apples coming through. Nice to see.
I've come across an artist called Sharon Etgar, in Israel. She does some gorgeous stitch works on paper. She can be found here
Have a look on her website to see more of what she does.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...