an artists' view

an artists' view

Thursday 4 April 2013

collograph print on rust

Printed onto a piece of linen/cotton mix fabric; the second collography print. Less defined than the plain fabric print. So it will be interesting stitching on it; finding spaces where the stitching works.
I've also printed onto a piece of felt I made on the course. No stitching done on it yet. 
And I'll be printing onto some of the fabric Lynn gave me, too. 

Berenice has kindly offered to lend me one of her sewing machines, on a long-term loan! That'll set me up for a while! Exchange is no robbery, and I've offered her the long-term loan of my big drawing, 'Chun', from a passage tomb in Cornwall, 'Chun Quoit'.
I've started planning my next term's textiles on the course. Feeling excited about that. Bring some of the skills I've learned, together in the samples we have to produce. I'm going to use the landscape of Alkborough, in North Lincolnshire, as my starting point. It's going to be a busy few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...