an artists' view

an artists' view

Monday 11 March 2013

collography & stitching

I've been working on the collograph print that I made t'other week. Using a mix of different threads, I've stitched onto the linen/cotton fabric. 
It feels too busy. I've begun the next printing plate, which is much more limited. It has fewer textures glued onto it. But this is an experiment, so it's all playing, and seeing how things fit at the moment.
I'm at that stage of 'unknowing' now. Don't know what to do with it. So I'll put it aside for now, and pin it on my studio wall, to look at it out of the corner of my eye, and hope it speaks to me to show the next step.
More felt-making to come; preparing the felt that I'll later print onto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...