an artists' view

an artists' view

Monday 18 February 2013

dye-pot; eucalyptus

I collected some eucalyptus leaves from my friend's tree, and have made up this dyepot with them. Two bundles of a cotton/linen fabric mix have been folded, and dropped in.
The smaller one, was dropped in as it is; the larger bundle has been pre-mordanted with soya-milk.
I'm going to leave both bundles in for quite a long time I think. Try to get a dense colour.

Once dry, I'm going to experiment with the collography plate I've been working on. See what it prints up like. It's drying in the studio at the moment; the varnish is stinky! 

2 comments:

  1. ah, another dye! I'm going to get started soon as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scent of the eucalyptus as it boiled up in the kitchen, was lovely, Saskia. I can thoroughly recommend it as a 'house scent'!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...