an artists' view

an artists' view

Saturday 23 February 2013

collagraph print

Using the information from the course I did at the Arthouse, and from Val Holmes' book, my first experiments in collagraphy printing are beginning to bear fruit.
Above is the print I've just made; printed onto a cotton/linen mix fabric.
Below, is the same print made onto Fabriano paper.
I intend to stitch onto both. Wait until they're dry though.
Below is the 'plate' I've printed from.
It's a mix of plastics and fabrics; all glued onto a 'plate' created from a beer can that was thrown away into the field near where I live. All the materials are recycled/re-used/second hand. 



1 comment:

  1. it's funny, I can almost see a daning figure in the print and then I see the 'print material' which is completely abstract; interesting process and I like the coincidence-factor a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...