an artists' view

an artists' view

Saturday 2 February 2013

bookbinding

Two weeks ago I went on a bookbinding course at the Arthouse, Wakefield. We got 2 books made; a section bound book, and a concertina book. The concertina book is the smaller, square one; in the photo below you can see how it unfolds.
It's a long time since I made books.
I used to teach bookbinding sessions when I worked in further education colleges. They were always fun...for me, anyway!
It was just great to sit and make 2 books, and come away with everything completed. Bliss. And as I've written here before, I love art materials, and sketchbooks. So the thought of having a brand new book to work in, that I've made, is very pleasing! 

2 comments:

  1. oh these are great!
    I 've never been on a course or anything, but have made my own books, improvising.
    yes, I can imagine how happy you must be with your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks saskia. Yeah I'm pleased with them. Looking forward to using them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...