an artists' view

an artists' view

Sunday 26 February 2012

Sketch

Another 'old' sketch...found in a sketchbook, that I'd forgotten all about! Inspired by the exhibition of Peter Randall-Page at Yorkshire Sculpture a few years back. Marina Warner gave the opening speech at the private view; I had no idea she was going to be there, but as a long time 'fan' of her writing, I had to go and say hello.
All I can say, is she was very friendly and approachable, and happily chatted away to me, and others. I'd just read Iain Sinclair's book about Hackney, and he'd quoted a conversation he had with Marina Warner. I spoke about this to her; and also I'd just seen the Jean Luc Goddard dvd 'Sympathy For The Devil', about 1968, and the Rolling Stones recording process. Marina Warner is involved in that film, and Iain Sinclair refers to this in his book. Interesting, these connections.....I think Iain Sinclair might find it quite amusing! I know I did!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...