an artists' view

an artists' view

Sunday 27 November 2011

Knitting and Stitch at Harrogate

Yesterday I went to Harrogate to the Knitting and Stitching Show at the conference centre. It's the first time I've been. I bought some 'stuff'; and saw some amazing creations, made from wool and textiles. 
There were some wonderful objects on display, some notable ones were;-
Beryl Dean's ecclesiastical embroideries. Huge bishops copes etc, laid out as works of art.
Valerie Huggins' altarpiece based on her inspirations of Mexico. Her e.mail is; -
http://v.huggins962@btinternet.com
Linda Sadler's knitted work and felted fabrics, based on corals, seen through a microscope. Her blogspot is at: - 
http://lindasadler.blogspot.com


Been up to the studio today, using some of the new materials I bought; and organising myself for what I need to do for the final session of the textiles course on Tuesday. 
I've also had an idea for a textile piece using the plant-dyed fabrics I've been making since August!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...