an artists' view

an artists' view

Monday 18 April 2011

Hepworth Opening + Bobbin Holder


A few weeks ago I spent a couple of hours constructing a bobbin holder for my bobbins of sewing cotton (mostly polyester, it has to be said!).
It keeps everything together nicely, though I have more bobbins in a box.

I'm busy with lots of different things at the moment. Trying to get work ready for Saturday 21st May, the weekend when the Hepworth Gallery opens.
I'm putting up some work in the grounds of Westgate Chapel, where I curated an exhibition in May 2010, as part of that month's Artwalk.
This time it will be just me, and I'll be parking up my campervan, Blanche, a Volkswagon T4, which will be the 'gallery'!

In contrast to the Hepworth, which is a huge exhibition space, Blanche is a tiny space; so my exhibition is going to be the smallest exhibition of the weekend!
We'll be offering refreshments, and a chance to sit down and relax in the green oasis in the centre of Wakefield; the Chapel grounds.
Look forward to seeing you there. I'll be 'open' from 11am to 4pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...