an artists' view

an artists' view

Friday 25 March 2011

Jones Sewing Machine


The trusty 70 year old sewing machine has been in use this week!
After the workshop with Louise Taylor (what an apt name!) last Saturday, I've been playing with the sewing machine, and experimenting with it. Pleats; reverse applique; squiggles and swirls; straight lines!
Yesterday I went out and bought myself some sewing 'instruments'! such as a decent pair of fabric scissors! And an embroidery foot.....which I have tried out, and found, yes, it DOES fit, and it does work! Hooray!

I'm having quite a lot of ideas of how to develop this textile work. Over the next few weeks, I'll be working on them, and trying out things.
It makes me realise how much I enjoy learning new things.

What with all these ideas, and the gorgeous weather we've been having, it feels like the winter really is gone, and Spring has arrived. I'm so ready for some sun, and warmth. This weekend the clocks leap forward, so Spring is officially here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...