an artists' view

an artists' view

Friday 4 February 2011

February; and window frost


This is a photo of some frost on the window; delicate tracings. It was taken a while ago; we're experiencing blustery winds and stormy rain at the moment, and the frosts are far away. The winter's still here though.
But small green spears of bulbs, and white bells of snowdrops are forcing their way through the earth. The year is moving on, and Spring is coming.

Artistically, it's a time of 'completions' for me. The beech carving that I began way back in August last year, has been sitting here gathering dust, so I've dug out a surform (rasp) and started to rub away at the contours. Who knows how long it will take me (!) but it's moving again.
I've also started a creative textiles course, and have been having lots of fun dye-ing fabric, and making 'silk paper', learning new techniques. It's given me a lot of ideas for how to develop my 'Journey Through The Past' large textile piece. I've more research to do for it, yet, but ideas are flowing, which is always a good place to be!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...