an artists' view

an artists' view

Sunday 7 November 2010

Rainbow



This wonderful sky, with a section of an upside-down rainbow (!) was above my house a few weeks ago, and luckily I managed to get a photo of it.

Recently I went out taking photos of the brilliant blue skies we're having this autumn, and the outstanding colours of the changing trees.
I'll upload them later. Haven't got round to putting them onto the computer yet.


Things have been difficult and hectic for the last few weeks.
Westgate Studios, the organisation that lives in the building where I have my studio, has gone into liquidation. Along with many of the artists who have studios at Westgate, I've had to move out. Three years (plus), worth of accumulated 'stuff' for my artwork, had to be hurriedly packed away, and moved. My studio had to be stripped bare.
It was very distressing, for me, and all of us. Now we're into November, I'm hoping that things will soon resolve, and I can get back to creating again.

In the meantime, I've been doing tiny pencil drawings, that I'm calling my 'disposables'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...